Sunday 6 July 2008

I Am Back.

After a rather large break from the blog, time well spent contemplating the world and all its issues, I am back with hopefully another interesting blog for you to read, although my readers may be few, I hope my message rings true in the ears of many.

The theme of this article is abit(American spell checker says this word does not exist) larger than normal, less a specific issue, more the biggest issue I have at the moment.

The slow demise of the world as we know it.

You see, as I have stated below the world has many problems, it's biggest, being the Human race...we waste so many valuable things. An appropriate example is Wimbledon this year, as a patriotic person (as some of you may have guessed) I enjoy watching and supporting the fine ladies and gentleman that partake in such a boring repetitive sport, purely to feel their pain at said repetition in their lives. Back to the point, at Wimbledon, they use so many balls each game (insert ridiculous "Carry On" inuendo here) why do they not just use the one ball? why waste so many, there is nothing wrong with them.

Back in the '30s and '40s such things would not be possible, clothes were undone and re-sewed a few inches larger or smaller...when you recieved a package, you kept the brown paper and string for another time, you would not waste anything. I believe the government "catchphrase" at the time was "Make-do and mend" this is possibly the best thing the british government has ever come up with since the mighty Thatcher.


"Make-do and mend" such a phrase would merely be laughed upon by todays generation...If your kettle breaks, you throw it away and buy a new one. Whereas "back then" it would be taken to be repaired.


Waste is only on of the many things to plague this planet. Another of my pet hates is when people say "don't waste water" these people must be mentally retarded or missing something else, because surely everybody knows water is going through a continuous, never ending cycle?


Why is it that whenever Humans discover something great, something negative comes out of it?


Take Crude oil for example, such a wonderful gift many say God gave us(personally I frown upon this statement) we use it to power pretty much everything that moves, or powers something else. Through the process of Cracking, oil is turned into everything we need, and yet, we use it so much that it is now having a negative effect on the world.


All this talk about Global warming would strike fear into most, but personally I think it is utter rubbish...the Earth goes through heat cycles, it has done all it's life. Global warming is not a very correct term either, as the biggest effect would be the demise of the Jet streams that trail our planet, these streams of warm air would disappear plunging the world into something similar to an ice age, with -30 degree winters.


The thing that exaserbates all of these issues is the media. Media coverage has been around for hundreds of years, but not to the ridiculous proportions of today.
Total strangers can become "celebrities" for a single picture in a newspaper or a video on "YouTube" (read:GoogleVideo#2)


If one news channel does anything to ruin the credability of everything it is "Fox News" or as it has been beautifully renamed by the internet "Faux News" I must say I do love the play on words that is used, very clever indeed, I believe the correct notification of such liking is to say that it is "win"? (the youth of today still bemuses me)


They once stated that the Nintendo DS (popular amongst 8-16 year olds) can be used by paedophiles to hack into another DS and attack your child. This blatantly over the top statement actually made me laugh. As did the section of one show about the danger of one internet group called Anonymous, and that they were "Hackers on steriods" that blew up sports stadiums and hacked "Myspace"


These are perfect examples of OTT media coverage, the media is possibly one of the biggest issues I have.


So I will continue to contemplate topical events and irritating issues for your pleasure,

More soon.

V.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

didn't you die?

Akira said...

Dear V,

You may call me a humble admirer, you may call me a mimic or a mirror.

Your actions have inspired me to follow suit, and so I too shall soon begin to post my views and thoughts on the progression, or more suitably the decay, of the world as we know it.

I should very much like to hear from you, perhaps you will comment on my writing when I have begun to work more frequently.

To conclude, let me say simply that I thank you sincerely, and have only the deepest respect for you.

And trust me, I will spread your word to all who will hear.

Yours truly,

Akira.

Akira said...

Oh, V.

You have truly struck me to the core with this.

I should like very much to prove myself to you, and I intend to do so.
Watch my blog, watch it well, for you shall soon see that although my first real post may have had many resemblances, I am by no means a copycat.

As for ripping you off, I might say that you have no yet addressed crime in the United Kingdom, which was a major theme in my post, and I might also point out that I have never taken any pleasure in disappointing and upsetting those I happen to admire and respect.

I apologize for any miscommunication, but let me please make it evident that you and I are alike, and so there will, of course, be some similarities.
I can vow that I have no intention of 'ripping you off', as I, for one, do not have the time, and would hardly be able to take any pride in my thoughts if I knew them to be stolen.

V, I apologize once more.

And as a final point, let me clarify that 'imbocile' is actually 'imbecile'.

Thankyou for your time and your criticism.
I shall take it well to heart and strive on.

-Yours Sincerely,

Akira.

Akira said...

V,

I will also change the general layout of my blog.
I realize that their are many cosmetic similarities, and I assume this too has offended you, so you may rest in peace knowing that I will move to nullify these similarities.

I have posted a new piece, examining the Youth of today, and would appreciate any feed-back you might have.

Again, sorry for any problems.

Akira.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear of your return.
And of Akira's apparent distress,Plus in addition to the distress a new reformed bloggers page which closely mirrors this one.it seems that there are more people around this world ready to envision a brighter furture one step at a time.

and to Nyst
You cannot kill an idea held close to all those who know of it.An idea cannot be stabbed,burnt or destroyed.

I will be awaiting your biweekly blogs.
Untill next time

Anonymous said...

tl;dr

Anonymous said...

I see another AE hit here (ref: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Anonymous).

The part about "hackers on steroids". Had a few laughs at teh major lulz.

If only, if only...

The use of assumed context of that word is always to my disliking. "Hacker", that is. I would by no means insult that community by saying I am a part of it, but I have read (ref: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html) and am sympathetic/run an Ubuntu distributive on my secondary (offline) PC.

Your cynicism amuses me, and being a youth myself, I can see what you mean about the wasteful nature of my peers. I grew up, unlike them, with nothing; I was forced to teach myself to do without the "modern conveniences" of this world.

The media, and politics with it, are like an eternally running gag in some perverse joke, who's only punchline is to ensure that there is no punchline, that the masses continue to argue narrow opinions until the comforts of the world they love so much all come crashing down around them.

There is a distinct pattern throughout history (though it has been thwarted in part thanks to this information age where one can seek higher levels of consciousness regardless of birthing status) of authority being taken as truth, rather than truth as the authority. This very same authority (if not literally then in fundamental principle) saw religion spearheaded and bloodthrust down thousands throats, and now perpetrates mass ignorance with the combined weapons of mass distraction that are ipods, nintendos, televisions, and high-thoroughfare websites and software.

We are indeed very wasteful, considering the alternatives. This goes so deep into the very intricacies in the architecture of our perceived reality, it's no wonder. We accept our culture, standing, and lives as the only real thing in the world, and loose ourselves to forces that should not hold any sway over us. Global warming? That served no purpose other than the generation of several lulz... over 9,000 to be precise (and to borrow from AE).

I'll wrap this up by saying interesting article. Hope to hear more from you.

Anonymous said...

V, this is the first time I've read you're blog, and I've bookmarked it and intend to return often.
Not really a comment on your writing, though it was obviously interesting enough for me to wish to return, but I just thought you should know you've gained a new reader.